Thursday, November 13, 2008

Recipe: Balushahi


That was a long time off. Getting back to blogging after so long is like getting back to school or work after a long vacation. The mood just doesn’t set in. Many things happened during this period, mainly I was shuttling back and forth between Bangalore and Hyderabad.

For Diwali, I made Balushahi, the recipe for which I had blogged a long time ago when I was new to this. I had not published the pictures then. This time around, I managed some pictures, holding the camera with the right hand and managing the balushahi with my left.

Last time around, I had given the measurements in cups. For those who would be more comfortable with weights, I have the measurements in weights now. Here we go.
Ingredients:
Maida : 500gms
Margarine or Vanaspati : 250 gms
Sugar : 500 gms
Thick curds: 2 tbsp.
Soda bi carbonate: a pinch
Rose essence : few drops(optional)
Oil for frying
Method is here.

ENJOY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hullo ammupatti
welcome back after a long hiatus.
wish you a happy diwali, though belated. so where r u now? hyd or bang?
those pictures of the sweets are great, they look mouthwatering
should try they when possible

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.